It’s a matter of great pride that one of our Sipna family members,…
Graduation ceremony of Sipna college of engineering and technology, Amravati held at auditorium…
Hearty congratulations to the students, Stake holders & Alumna of Sipna College of…
- Academic Programs
- Events and Activities
- Student Achievement
This department is a bridge between science and engineering practices. This is one of the important departments to establish a link between pure science and engineering branches. It aims to provide a strong foundation for engineering students and is an integral part of the institute. The subjects taught by the department are of leading significance for strengthening the fundamental understanding and development of budding engineers. So as to make them well equipped for the present and future scenario. The department (deals with) offers multidisciplinary subjects like Engineering Physics, Engineering Chemistry, Engineering Mathematics, Communication Skills, Environmental Sciences,Social sciences & Engineering Economics. The department is furnished by well-equipped engineering Physics laboratory with separate optical lab, engineering chemistry lab etc. These laboratories enable faculty and students to employ fundamental principles, create innovative solutions used to address important problems. Mathematics is the backbone of engineering education. Hence, a special emphasis is given on Mathematics in engineering education. The department has highly qualified, dedicated and experienced faculty members.
The departmental wall magazine introduced by the department is a periodical run on the notice board, where the students can post their articles, poems, drawings and other such compositions to share with each other. It is a medium for the students to express their creativity. It also helps to increase interaction between students by having regular fortnight display of quizzes, articles, poems on this open section so making it widely known. This activity attracted all the students of the department and gives out the message: ‘Creativity and passionate art prevails in the department’.
Vision of the Department
- To provide quality professional education and conducive environment to emerge as a model proficient institute
Mission of the Department
- To create scholarly and vibrant environment for professional excellence.
- To contribute to advancement of knowledge in basic and applied areas of engineering and technology.
- To be an institute of choice in the region by developing, managing and transferring contemporary technologies.
- To build mutually valuable terms with society, industry and Alumni.
- Academic Calender 2022-23..Click here
- Notification 03 (2022) for minor changes in sylabii..Click here
Time Tables Session 2022-23
- Time table for B.E. First year (I SEMESTER) GROUP A 2022-23 OFFLINE...Clik Here
- Time table for B.E. First year (I SEMESTER) GROUP B 2022-23 OFFLINE…Clik Here
Syllabus for B.E. Credit Grade System
- Induction Programme for first year engineering students 2022-23
- Interschool and Inter collegiate Poster making Competition held on the occasion of Yuvanand on 10/1/23
- Interschool and Inter collegiate Elocution Competition held on the occasion of Yuvanand on 9/01/23
- Treasure hunt (Sec F) conducted on 29/12/22
- How to be an entrepreneur by our student Mr.Harshad Khandare Conducted on 12/12/2022
- Workshop on Stress Management & Wellness through Sahajyoga Meditation conducted from 5/12/22 to 9/12/22
- Parents Meet 2021-22
- Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ a Poster Making competition held on the occasion of Independence day 15/08/22
- Program on “Save Soil Movement” by Isha foundation on 7/06/22 – 8/06/22
- A workshop on “Health issues among youth’’ by Dr. Pallavi Shete on 02/07/22
- Guest lecture on the occasion of “International Pi Day” dated on 14/03/2022
- Workshop on “Stress Management & wellness through Sahajayoga meditation” dated from 02/03/2022 to 04/03/2022
- Guest lecture on “Progressive Development of Engineering Sciences” on occasion of National Science Day on dated 28/02/2020.
- Induction Programme for first year engineering students 2021-22
- Induction Programme for first year engineering students 2019-20
- Induction Programme for first year engineering students 2018-19
- Science Day Model Exhibition 2018-19
- Science Day Programme 2018-19
- Parent meet first year 2018-19
SCIENCE & HUMANITIES
- Name: Dr. Nitin V. Shirbhate, Head of Science & Humanities Department
- Mobile No : 9422858596
- Office Contact No: (0721) 2522342 (Ext.401)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering graduates will be able to learn:
PO 1: Engineering knowledge:
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO 2: Problem analysis:
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO 3: Design/development of solutions:
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO 4: Conduct investigations of complex problems:
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO 5: Modern tool usage:
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO 6:The engineer and society:
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal,health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO 7: Environment and sustainability:
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO 8: Ethics:
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO 9: Individual and teamwork:
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multi-disciplinary settings.
PO 10: Communication:
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO 11: Project management and finance:
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multi-disciplinary environments.
PO 12: Life-long learning:
Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
All engineering students join the college as part of our engineering first year program and complete a common first year curriculum before moving to their core branch (Computer, Electronics, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering). Our objectives in the engineering first year program are to welcome students to the College, get them connected to important resources, help them learn about engineering as a profession and help them explore all of their academic options prior to joining a department.
|01||Computer Science & Engineering||180|
|02||Electronics & Telecommunication||120|
- Engineering Physics Laboratory is a fully equipped laboratory and has all the facilities to desirous incumbents required for conducting various experiments.
- In applied physics laboratory, there is a separate optical lab, which includes all the experiment related to light.
- Physics lab includes well equipped optical laboratory with spectrometer, Diffraction Grating and Newton’s ring apparatus.
- Physics lab is also having advanced experimental kits and Cathode Ray Oscilloscope’s.
- Engineering Chemistry laboratory is well equipped and has all the necessary facilities required for conducting the various experiments as per syllabus.
- The laboratory consists of Muffle furnace, Hot Air Oven, pH meter, Redwood Viscometer No.1, Abel’s flash point Apparatus.
- Engineering Chemistry lab is well established having around 50 titration sets.
- It includes the equipment’s for determining the viscosity or flash point of oils like Redwood viscometer No.1 and Abel’s flash point apparatus.
- It also has an oven and Muffle furnace for determining the quality of coal sample.
- All the necessary and required chemicals are always readily available in the laboratory.
- The Ph. D. research laboratory enables students to conduct research in pure & applied Mathematics.
- To provide a know how on the basic use of this software for real time applications.
- Mathematics research lab is fully equipped with Internet facility.
Language Lab Software:
- Our institute has the iTell Premium 3 version installed that can be used by 200 users at a time.
- Orell Digital Language Lab is a conscientiously created language learning software solution which is an interactive, user-friendly and cost-effective language learning platform that helps students to communicate effectively.
- iTell is a multi-lingual platform which would facilitate students to be fluent in languages other than their mother tongue.
- Orell provides complimentary learning materials for English and gives adequate exposure to day-to-day situations to help students familiarize with the language.
- Power packed with 5000 hours of study materials and exercises that not only enhances tutoring efficiency but also makes the learning process easy, enjoyable and quick.
Students’ / Learners’ Benefits:
- Listen, Speak, Read and Write (LSRW) Activities – The most effective methodology used for learning languages.
- Compare/Evaluate/Repeat with original/native accents deliver improved results on learning languages.
- Review lessons in text/audio/video formats provide quicker learning.
- Alert options for clarifications with the teacher in-private avoiding inhibitions and encourages easy learning for shy students.
- Highly effective listening, speaking, reading and writing skills are developed with access to advanced material in text, audio and video formats.
- Effective group discussions and interactions are provided for easier and effortless learning of languages.
- Interactive Instructor Console
- Interactive Student Console
- Lesson studio (audio/video recorder)
- Integrated Extensive English language learning materials and exercises and basic language learning material in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese and Arabic.
- Installation CDs
- Installation guide & user’s manual
- Certificate of installation
- License agreement
- 10 Units of Headphones with Mic
- 1 Unit of Webcam
Events and Activities
|Sr. No.||Type of Event (E.g. Orientation Program, Parents Meet, Science Day, Guest Lecture, Seminar )||Topic||No of Participants||Guest||Date|
|1||Competition||Elocution Competition||36||Dr. Sudhir Deshmukh & Dr. Manish Jadhav||09-01-2023|
|2||Competition||Poster making Competition||53||Prof. Smita Kasat & Prof. Prem Jakhotiya||10-01-2023|
|3||Workshop||Stress Management & wellness through Sahaj yoga meditation||452||Dr. Pratap Udhwani, General Physician Doctors, Amravati||05/12/2022 to 09/12/2022|
|4||Seminar||‘How to be Entrepreuner’||91||Mr. Harshad Khandare, (IT 3rd yr Student)|
|5||Inter Departmental Lab Visit||Inter Departmental Lab Visit for 1st Year Students||231||Departmental Student Activity coordinators||28/12/22 to 30/12/22|
|6||Activity||Treasure Hunt||26||By First yr Section F Student||29-12-2022|
|7||Poster making competition||Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav||24||---||15-08-2022|
|8||An awareness program||“Save soil movement”||219||Isha Foundation||07/06/2022 to 08/06/2022|
|9||Workshop||Health issues amongst youth||181||Dr.Pallavi Shete||02-07-2022|
|10||Workshop||Stress management and wellness through Sahaj yoga meditation||271||Dr. Pratap Udhwani, General Physician Doctors, Amravati||02/03/2022 to 04/03/2022|
|11||Guest lecture||99||Mr. P.R. Salbarde, Retd. Mathematics teacher, Manibai Gujrathi High School, Amravati||14-03-2022|
|12||Inter Departmental Lab Visit||Inter Departmental Lab Visit for 1st Year Students||342|
|13||Seminar||Progressive Development in Engineering Sciences||418||Dr. Vasant Jamode||28-02-2022|
|14||Webinar||How can we prevent drug abuse among youth||385||Dr. Rashmi Nagalkar, Gynaecologist||20-01-2022|
|15||Quiz||How well do you know India||246||26-01-2022|
|16||Essay Writing competition||Role of men in the empowerment of women.||44||-||08-03-2021|
|17||Online Quiz||‘Science and Technology’ on occasion of Science Day||1090||-||26/02/21 to 28/02/21|
|18||Two days Workshop||Vedic Maths||700||Mr. Rakesh Bhatiya, National Coordinator of Sankriti Utthyan, Nyas, New Delhi||27/07/2020 to 28/07/2020|
|19||Seminar||Claims Tribunal Agreed Procedure||150||District Legal Services Authority||24-02-2018|
|20||Seminar||Aerospace and guidelines for ISU||First year EXTC||Ms. Sonal Baberwal||15-09-2017|
|21||Seminar||Personality Development||Sec B, C ,H||Mr. Rajesh Chauhan||31-08-2017|
|22||Gnosis Training Program||Aptitude and Soft skill||All Students of First year||Ms. Richa Shrivastav,Girish Pal and Trainer||Starts from 23/08/2017|
|23||Seminar||Road safety awareness||All Students of First year||Mr. Shrikant Gudhade||21-08-2017|
|24||Orientation Program||Principal Address||All Students of First year||Principal and All HOD’s||11-08-2017|
|25||Yuva Aptitude Test||Engineering India||116||-||03-03-2017|
|26||Seed IT Idol-2017||Fundamental of C & CPP||All Students of First year||-||03-03-2017|
|27||Guest Lecture||Youth Happiness Program and Art of Living||All Students of First year||Dr.Rajesh Gadbail||20-02-2017|
|28||Seminar & Vaccination Camp||Rubella Vaccination for girls in Collaboration with WGC & Rotary club , Amravati||All Girl students||Dr.Pankaj Kaware, Mr.Sonal Gupta ,Mr.Brijesh Khandelwal,Mr.Prashant Karwa,Mr.Atul Kolhe,Mr.Sarang Raut||22-10-2016|
|29||Seminar||Meditation Program on quantum life style||All Students of First year||Smt.Gole Madam||22-08-2016|
|30||Orientation Program||Principal address||All Students of First year||Principal Sir||20-08-2016|
|31||Engineering Talent Hunt Exam -2015||-||120||Deshna Career Academy||18-10-2015|
|32||Seminar||Personality Development and Team Work||All Girl students||Ms. Prachi Shubhash Patil||10-09-2015|
|Sr. No.||Session||Semester||Name of Topper|
|1||2021-22(S) Group A||II Sem||Vanshita Gawande|
|2||2021-22 (S) Group B||II Sem||Sima Kutemate|
|3||2021-22(W) Group A||I Sem||Rutuja G. Raut|
|4||2021-22 (W) Group B||I Sem||Khushi Gangwani|
|5||2020-21(S) Group A||II Sem||Parth Kathane|
|6||2020-21(S) Group A||II Sem||Samruddhi Tatte|
|7||2020-21(S) Group B||II Sem||Riya Hindocha|
|8||2020-21(W) Group A||I Sem||Riya Hindocha|
|9||2020-21(W) Group B||I Sem||Khushi Makawane|
|10||2020-21(W) Group B||I Sem||Roshan Deshmukh|
|11||2019-20(S) Group A||II Sem||Avantika Damdhar|
|12||2019-20(S) Group B||II Sem||Ravindra Kanetkar|
|13||2019-20(W) Group A||I Sem||Shreya Shelke|
|14||2019-20(W) Group B||I Sem||Rutika Khedkar|
|15||2018-19(S) Group A||II Sem||Vaibhav Jadhav|
|16||2018-19(S) Group B||II Sem||Dhanashri Ambadekar|
|17||2018-19(W) Group A||I Sem||Sakshi Rithe|
|18||2018-19(W) Group B||I Sem||Divya Kharpikar|
|19||2017-18(S) Group A||II Sem||Vaibhav Jadhav|
|20||2017-18(S) Group B||II Sem||Dhanashri Ambadkar|
|21||2017-18(W) Group A||I Sem||Dhanashri Ambadkar|
|22||2017-18(W) Group B||I Sem||Nitikesh Pihul|
|23||2016-17(S) Group A||II Sem||Kanchan Ingale|
|24||2016-17(S) Group B||II Sem||Vaishnavi Zawar|
|25||2016-17(W) Group A||I Sem||Shikhar Baniya|
|26||2016-17(W) Group B||I Sem||Samreen Ahmad|
|27||2015-16(S) Group A||II Sem||Rutuja Sawai|
|28||2015-16(S) Group B||II Sem||Sumedh Ghatol|
|29||2015-16(W) Group A||I Sem||Ekeshwari Karmore|
|30||2015-16(W) Group B||I Sem||Rutuja Sawai|
Winners of Technical Activities (Year wise)
|Sr. No||Name of Student||Event||Venue||Prize||Session|
|1||Shatayu Balapure||33rd Junior National Atya Patya Championship||S.V.M. International School, Rohtak, Haryana||Third Prize||2022-23|
|2||Ms Siddhi Rajesh Dharmik||III SIF National Sambo Championship-2022||Swastik Mangal Karyalaya, Shirdi, A'nagar, Maharashtra on 25th-27th February 2022||Gold Medal (I Prize)||2021-22|
|3||Anay Pund||19th Sub Junior Maharashtra State Archery Championship||Sahakar Vidya Mandir, Buldhana on 07th to 09th Nov 2021||II Position||2021-22|
|4||Shreyash Panat||Zenith'22 (Basketball)||Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering & Technology, Nanded on 15th, 16th & 17th April 2022||First Runner up||2021-22|
|5||Subodh Yadav||Zenith'22 (Basketball)||Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering & Technology, Nanded on 15th, 16th & 17th April 2022||First Runner up||2021-22|
|6||Siddhant Chakre||Zenith'22 (Basketball)||Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering & Technology, Nanded on 15th, 16th & 17th April 2022||First Runner up||2021-22|
|7||Prathmesh More||Zenith'22 (Basketball)||First Runner up||2021-22|
|8||Umesh Sawarkar||Digital Treasure Hunt||Sipna COET, Amravati||Runner Up||2019-20|
|9||Huvishk Surwade||Taekwondo||H.V.P.M COET, Amravati||Bronze Medal||2019-20|
|10||Siddhesh Jayant Nandurkar||Avishkar 2019||Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati||Winner||2019-20|
|11||Siddhesh Jayant Nandurkar||Web App Design (Vidyotan 2020)||Sipna COET, Amravati||Winner||2019-20|
|12||Monal Digeshwar Biwagade||Box-Cricket (Vidyotan 2020)||Sipna COET, Amravati||Runner-up||2019-20|
|13||Prasham Rajiv Shah||Box-Cricket (Vidyotan 2020)||Sipna COET, Amravati||Runner-up||2019-20|
|14||Harshal Namdeorao Dharpure||Box-Cricket (Vidyotan 2020)||Sipna COET, Amravati||Runner-up||2019-20|
|15||Anuja Umesh Sawarkar||Digital Treasure Hunt (Vidyotan 2020)||Sipna COET, Amravati||Runner-up||2019-20|
|16||Kalyani Rajendra Kharade||Box-Cricket (Vidyotan 2020)||Sipna COET, Amravati||Runner-up||2019-20|
|17||Harshal Anil Dhigade||Box-Cricket (Vidyotan 2020)||Sipna COET, Amravati||Runner-up||2019-20|
|18||Vedant Sunil Talokar||Box-Cricket (Vidyotan 2020)||Sipna COET, Amravati||Runner-up||2019-20|
|19||Shreya Manish Shelke||Essay Competition (Topic: Women in Science)||Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University ,Amravati||First Prize||2019-20|
|20||Radha Naresh Gogal||Essay Competition (Topic: Women in Science)||Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University ,Amravati||Third Prize||2019-20|
|21||Swapnil G. Bharsakale||National working model & poster presentation Competition on Innovative Technologies for Rural Development in India||Gadgebaba Mandal, daryapur||Winner||2017-18|
|22||Prasanna P. Isane||National working model & poster presentation Competition on Innovative Technologies for Rural Development in India||Gadgebaba Mandal, daryapur||Winner||2017-18|
|23||Rushikesh Junewal||Sipna Hackthon||Sipna College of Engineering and Technology||Winner||2017-18|
|24||Dhawal Kamdar||Sipna Hackthon||Sipna College of Engineering and Technology||Winner||2017-18|
|25||Nishant Tinturkar||Sipna Hackthon||Sipna College of Engineering and Technology||Winner||2017-18|
|26||Ajinkya Bochare||Lan Gaming||G H Raisoni college of Engineering and Management Amravati||Winner||2017-18|
|27||Rushikesh Junewal||Lan Gaming||G H Raisoni college of Engineering and Management Amravati||Winner||2017-18|
|28||Shyamsundar Bhakare||Sipna Hackthon||Sipna College of Engineering and Technology||Winner||2017-18|
|29||Krishna Panpaliya||Robo Strike||Sipna College of Engineering and Technology||Runner Up||2017-18|
|30||Sanket Dharamthok||Science Model Competition||Sipna College of Engineering and Technology||Runner Up||2017-18|
|31||Chaitanya Bobade||Science Model Competition||Sipna College of Engineering and Technology||Runner Up||2017-18|
|32||Shantanu Bhidekar||Pro-Kabaddi||Mauli College of Engineering and Technology shegaon||winner II Rank||2016-17|
|33||Pratik Kale||Mock Placement||Mauli College of Engineering and Technology shegaon||Winner||2016-17|
|34||Kanchan Ingle||Engineering India||Sipna College of Engineering and Technology||Winner||2016-17|
|35||Rushikesh Dakre||Photo-Gallary||P.R.Pote college of Engineering & Technology, Amravati.||Winner||2015-16|
|36||Pratiksha Pateria||Contraption||Sipna College of Engineering and Technology||Winner||2015-16|
|37||Atharv Atkare||Contraption||Sipna College of Engineering and Technology||Winner||2015-16|
|38||Vaibhavi Sapkal||Contraption||Sipna College of Engineering and Technology||Winner||2015-16|
|39||Sahil Radake||Contraption||Sipna College of Engineering and Technology||Winner||2015-16|
|40||Ishan Sherekar||Contraption||Sipna College of Engineering and Technology||Winner||2015-16|
|41||Sakshi Pal||Contraption||Sipna College of Engineering and Technology||Winner||2015-16|